Sunday, May 3, 2009

Geneva, first week

Geneva. Genève. Never mind in English or French, I'm here at last!


Like the rest of Europe, Geneva is a mix of the historical and modern world. Their old water fountains still provide clean drinking water.


The city is well organised. Buses and trains arrive and depart on-time like the precision world-famous Swiss watches.



I must have brought the Malaysian sun with me as the first few weeks were blue skies, bright sun (though a cold 15-18 C).



Off to work, I go. The International Trade Centre (ITC) building, among all the UN buildings sprinkled across a few kilometers.
I'm now an International Civil Servant, serving the world.


"My Life is My Message" Mahatma Gandhi. Geneva, the city of diplomacy and humanitarian action. This statue is along the UN grounds, reminding everyone who passes by, the sacrifices of one man who made a difference.



Lovely flowers blooming everywhere.



Like cherry blossoms, beckoning the arrival of spring.


Swans and ducks gliding on Lake Geneva.


Even a dog swimming, fetching a stick...(they love dogs here!)


People enjoying the sun and the lake.


And the Jet d'Eau is the centerpiece of Lac Léman (Lake Geneva). 500 litres of water per second is jetted to a height of 140 meters.


Geneva!







(Pictures and video taken with my Sony Handycam HDR-CX12, which takes 10.2 megapixel pictures and Full HD video)





























1 comment:

  1. Geneva is always one place where I longed to be there. When some one mention the place name it shall relate as PEACE.

    Thanks for all the great pics & the entire place looks magnificent.

    ReplyDelete